High As A Kite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winter Trip

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bambamski1

Winter Trip Empty
PostSubject: Winter Trip   Winter Trip EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:15 am

Just back from my summer vacation and I'm already starting to think about what I'm going to do for my Winter Kite trip. There was a giant group that ended up in Guillermo last Nov/Dec which was great. I think that was my 6th time in Guillermo so I was thinking this year I wouldn't mind changing it up.

I'm looking for some ideas and cool kite spots. One of my favorite kite trips ever was a sailing trip through the grenadines out of St Lucia aboard a 47 foot Catamaran. I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in doing that.

I've done some research and have found a couple of houses that would be great to rent in St Lucia. They are about a 5-10 minute drive from Coconut bay/ the reef which is the local St Lucia Kiteboard location. Trade winds start in December with good wind about 70% of the days in Dec and go to about 90% in January. The Reef has instructors for beginners and is a pretty safe learning spot. Prices for the houses are about 400 bucks a night, I believe that comes with a cook and a daily cleaning service and they sleep about 6 to 8. That works out to be much cheaper than coconut bay. I priced that up and with flights you were probably looking at around 3k to stay all inclusive there.

The Catamaran isn't cheap but if you've never done a kite trip on a sail boat it has to be a bucket list thing. You're probably looking at 1500 euros per person for a 7-10 day Cat trip. Through the Grenadines there are some amazing spots... Union Island, Tobago cays, ect ect.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in doing a group trip this year shoot me an email. See if we can put a fun group together like the Cuba trip last year... pat.borowski@bp.com
Back to top Go down

Winter Trip
Page 1 of 1