High As A Kite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OMD is Ice Free

Go down 
+2
Kirky
OMDVeteran
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OMDVeteran

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Like the topic says, Old Man Dam is free of ice. I believe the gate to Windy Point will be locked until May 1st however.

Cheers,

Dale

Any word on Keho being free of ice?
Back to top Go down
Kirky

Kirky

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi Dale.
Keho is open ...........ice around the edges.
A day of big wind may clean it up.
I hear stephan has been out... |James toooooooo
Kirk

Last edited by Kirky on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bass

Bass

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:17 am

Yep, Keho is open now. I went for a few tacks in light wind Thursday and James had a SW session on Saturday night. I even rode Park Lake Friday during the SW40-60km/h when Keho was from the North. It is a tiny lake, wind is shifty and gusty and there is lots of trees on the NE end exit. Not a great place but saves the day.

Stéphan
Back to top Go down
Dave_Hofman

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Stephan wins the "First guy on the water" award again. Right on! you guys have fun dodging the ice bergs, Jesse, Adam, Pat, Joel and myself will be ripping it up in Hatteras from Apr 12-22. We will bring some stories back im sure Smile

Dave
Back to top Go down
Bass

Bass

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:28 pm

A bunch of guys were riding Oldman Dam a few days before. Patrick from Glory kites posted picture on fb during the week.

Dave, have fun down East and be carefull. Lots of french-canadians are riding there Wink
Back to top Go down
OMDVeteran

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:59 pm

Stephan,

I let Patrick know that OMD was open at Windy Point.

Dave,

When I used to live near Toronto, alot of the windsurfers used to drive to Hatteras to get their wind fix. I am sure you guys will have a blast.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:06 am

Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:07 am

Keho was wide open as of Friday last week.

Looks like Patrick, Peter and ?? got first on water southern AB at OMD March 30/31.

Stephan opened Park Lake on Friday.

I snuck in 45 mins on Saturday evening at Keho.

bounce
Back to top Go down
tommyboy

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Love the video! looking forward to some great days out there this season.
Back to top Go down
Kirky

Kirky

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:54 pm

james and stephan.......and whom ever.
call me next time you are going out to Keho.............I will try to join you on the pond
kirk

April 23 to 28

windy week and warm. lots of 8m and smaller.Thur and friday fternoon and evening were classic smooth
Keho kicked us hard on Saturday afternoon evening...almost tooooooowindy.

Sunday afternoon was steady 8 meter till 5pm with nice waves
then it went 6m again when the blue sky arrived.

Looks cool for a few days then sw wind and sun near weekend.
Back to top Go down
OMDVeteran

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:14 pm

As of Thursday night (April 17, 2014) OMD is ice free. I believe the gate at Windy Point is locked until May 1 however.
Back to top Go down
Bass

Bass

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 11:21 am

Were you riding Thursday? Water is still freakin' cold. Bob, Jessie and I went for an evening session on Monday 14th for the 40-60k. Even with the ice gone, water is barely above freezing point.
Back to top Go down
OMDVeteran

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:28 pm

I drove down Thursday night. This time of year the water is very cold. I usually go to Maui the last 2 weeks of April so I am not tempted to brave the frigid water. This year I am too busy at work to go to Maui but hopefully next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OMD is Ice Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMD is Ice Free   OMD is Ice Free Empty

Back to top Go down

OMD is Ice Free
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
High As A Kite :: Kiteboarding Alberta-
Jump to: