High As A Kite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GregR

Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) Empty
PostSubject: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Lost my Flywave today in SE winds while riding from Kite Beach to the Ranch. It should be in the bay right by the Ranch, but after looking for it for hours I had no luck. It was a birthday present too (just a few days ago). I would be very grateful indeed to have it returned. I've attached a picture to help locate it.

Many thanks,
Greg (403) 680-2495

Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) Flysur12
Back to top Go down
Bass

Bass

PostSubject: Re: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:54 am

No luck when I drove by the dike and the bay yesterday night. There is still a few guys at the Ranch this morning and might find it.
Back to top Go down
GregR

PostSubject: Re: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:29 am

Thanks man, hopefully it shows up today.
Back to top Go down
GregR

PostSubject: Re: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:35 pm

I should mention also that a very nice bottle of wine, several cases of your favorite beer, a bbq in your honor, all you can eat pizza and wings after kiting, accolades, a tributary slow clap on demand whenever I see you, standing offer to drive you to Keho free of charge whenever I'm heading that way, my seventh child named after you (assuming I have a seven children at some point), a city named in your honor when I rule the world, deification, good winds whenever you plan on kiting, and generally eternal glory are all promised to the person who finds my beloved board.
Back to top Go down
GregR

PostSubject: Re: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Found!
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:19 am

I probably should have read this before I spent three hours looking for the board today! Congratulations Greg!
Back to top Go down
Dave_Hofman

PostSubject: Re: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:31 am

Glad you found it Greg. you should give James a beer (maybe even two) he literally kited around the entire shoreline of the lake looking for it. He was just kite looping straight down wind Smile.

Back to top Go down
GregR

PostSubject: Re: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:33 am

That's too bad, but thanks for looking James! I at least owe you a beer (or several beers) for the effort! I borrowed a kayak from some family in Lethbridge and found it in the bay stuck in some reeds.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) EmptyMon May 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Beer is not necessary! I did manage to find the lost Protoy on the trip downwind! It was Sunday when we went standup paddle boarding kayaking looking for it in the swamp that was a bit messy but fun! Did you find it east or west of the rock weir?
Back to top Go down
GregR

PostSubject: Re: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Well I'm glad some good came of it! I found it west of the rock weir. Actually, it wasn't too far from the point at the Ranch's launching area. But, it was really stuck in the reeds. All I could see were the foot straps sticking out of the mud. At first I thought they were a pair of ducks, but I noticed a little bit of white trim and went in further and found the board covered in mud and weeds.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:33 am

And that is just where we were looking for it! Regardless, I'm glad it was found. Looks like a sweeeeet ride!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)   Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost board: Flywave (birthday present too!)
Page 1 of 1